Saturday 10 November 2012

3D Paper Garment



I took a pattern pive from a garment, a sleeve, and cut it up, drew around it and played with different methods of folding...



I came up with many alternatives but i preferred the above shape the best...

With this small maquette i played around with different ways to attatch it to the figure:




After deciding on a position i liked i then photocopie the template as big as the paper would allow to attatch it to the figure for the final prototype...


I then created a series of illustrations, originally using ink on tracing paper,befor then going on to collage using photocopies drawing and folded paper/ magazine clippings.



 My work was chosen to be displayed in the exhibition for the open day, both my 3D piece and my illustrations:


No comments:

Post a Comment